Post by dreamslord on Jun 17, 2020 3:29:13 GMT
THIS IS HOW WE DO IT,
- the rules of fish & chips
- the rules of fish & chips
- We expect respect at its finest. Treat everyone BETTER than how you would want to be treated. No racial slurs, derogatory comments, or bashing of sexual orientation. Bottom Line: No drama. Everyone is equal here. We all want to have fun and dive into the story, so let's make it worthwhile. Let's make it a positive atmosphere. If you have a problem with someone or get into an argument, try to reason it out among yourselves. However, if you can't seem to come to a compromise or if an issue still persists, don't be afraid to message me, and I will try to resolve it from there.
- With that said, it also goes without saying that you should respect the Staff of Fish & Chips, and not argue with our decisions. Don't pester us to review your applications -- we are real people, like you, and have lives outside of the roleplay, and sometimes get busy. Be patient, and understand that our decisions are made in the best interest of the site and its members.
- You shouldn't give out any personal information that could possibly lead to threatening your safety, such as phone numbers, personal addresses, pictures of you, and the like. But, pictures of cats, dogs, drawings, paintings, etc. are fine.
- Make sure you post everything in the correct boards. No spamming, please.
- This is a one-account-per-character site. Meaning, that every character you create must have an account for them. We also require that, after acceptance, you supply a 200x200 avatar image or gif of them, and fill out all custom profile fields. Signatures are also allowed -- but they cannot exceed the 500x300 dimensions.
- Per Proboards TOS and Doctor Who continuity, everything on site should revolve around the PG-13 rating. This goes for images, content, vulgarity, and especially in-character posts. Keep swearing tasteful -- keep the forum and shoutbox considerably clean.
- We are a character-driven site, and expect members to come up with their own plots and creativeness when writing character threads that involve encounter, conflict, and reasonable resolution. Anything that could potentially happen in the Whoniverse, could also happen here. Time crashes, paradoxes, massive destruction of dimensional barriers, etc. are some of the major examples. Just understand the consequences of such things, and be weary of forgotten memories, time loops, event resets, explosions, and potential possible repercussions that could come with the territory. Sometimes, there may be miracles, but remember that fiddling with the rules of Time and Space rarely come without a price in the Doctor Who world. We want to keep the site somewhat laid-back, to be your own Doctor Who "sandbox", so to speak, but don't defy the rules of roleplay and go against the grain of the show in the process.
- Be aware that the violation of any of these rules could result in a ban, or characters being taken away never to be played again. Staff also have the right to change or add to these rules at any given time -- and we'll let you know if we choose to do so.
- And, of course, if you have any questions... any questions at all about the site, characters, mechanics, or anything, don't be afraid to ask.
CHARACTERS AND ACTIVITY,
- If you like what you see so far, then you might be considering on your character, or maybe you already had one in mind. It should be stated that all characters, regardless of gender, species, original, or canon, must be posted in-character once every two weeks, or twice a month. Granted, you are welcome to post with that character more than that if your heart desires, but that is the bare minimum. If you're going to be gone for a time and know you will not be able to make the requirement, please post in the "Absences" board to let us know or send us a PM if something dire/unexpected occurs(i.e. a death in the family, a new family member, moving, etc.).
- Players are only allowed to have THREE canons. This spans across the Doctor Who universe, as well as the Torchwood and Sarah Jane Adventures spin-offs. These three canons can be two doctors and a companion, two companions and a doctor, a doctor and a companion and a major spin-off series character, etc. The only request is that the three characters you choose wouldn't overlap, be in the same TARDIS team, or cross one another's paths too much(as it would strange to play The Tenth Doctor and Martha Jones, Jack Harkness and The Ninth Doctor, or both River and Amy Pond -- Spoilers.). If you want to play a canon character that is in Doctor Who, but not listed as a canon character, please PM/private message me first. The number of original characters and minor/one-off canon characters(like Jenny Flint, Sally Sparrow, etc.) you are allowed to have are endless, as long as you stay active with them all.
- You MUST have at least five IC posts with all the characters you currently have before we can accept another new character application from you.
- You MUST have a Face-claim for your character. Face-claims must be of real-life celebrities, models, actors, singers, etc, and all face-claims and characters associated must be at least 18. We cannot condone the use of YouTube celebrities for your character face-claims, since we feel that there could be too many liberties or legalities involved. Characters who only appear in audio dramas can have a different face-claim than who voices them. Obviously, canon face-claims cannot be used for any original character, and vice versa. HOWEVER, there is an exception to which some Classic Who Gallifreyan characters(like Susan Foreman and the Rani) are allowed to have regenerated since they last appeared in the series, and therefore may have a new face-claim.
- If you would like to reserve a canon character, please private message me or reply to the canon list. Reservations will go into effect if said canon is not already reserved or taken, and last seven days. During that duration, no one else will be able to reserve the canon character or apply for them. However, after those seven days are up, you will not be allowed to reserve that canon character again.
- When applying, please title your application's thread title as "lastname, firstname middlename" -- "smith, sarah jane". If they are a Doctor or a Timelord/Lady that goes by a vague alias, please format the title similarly: "doctor, the fourth" or "master, the". Just so all applications have some cohesive form of organisation.
- No Mary-Sues or Gary-Sues. Perfect characters or people do not exist. Not even in Doctor Who. If we see it, we will decline it.
- When dealing with original characters, we will be discouraging the acceptance of Timelords/Timeladies outside of the Doctor Who canon. However, this is not to say that we will not allow it -- but you must blow us away with it.
- This is not a supernatural or fantasy roleplay. Doctor Who is labeled as Science-Fiction, so any abilities/powers that your original character may have must be scientifically explained somehow. Or, at least, explained through some form of creative technological jargon or technobabble that would appear to make sense.
- Original characters are allowed to "travel through time and space" and post in different boards, given that they have a time/space travel device or machine such as a TARDIS, a time ring, time vortex manipulator, etc. If your character had the time/space-travelling tool already, you must include this in your application and how the character acquired it, as well as any drawbacks the device/machine will have. Characters are free to plot and thread with Doctors, Timelords/Ladies, and/or other characters(like Captain Jack Harkness) that has harnessed the power of time/space-travel, but your characters shouldn't automatically be able to "find" these powerful devices/ships randomly or by themselves in-game. Otherwise, you are free to drop your character in the board(s) in which you feel best encompass their lifespan or personal timeline(elaborated in the FAQ).
- Relationships, drama, fluff, conflict, and romance are allowed between characters. No smut and no nudity. Keep it PG-13, and please try to keep characters, canon and original, in-character and in the the spirit of Doctor Who when doing these interactions. If you want to, at any time, surpass the rating, please take the character interactions to a private Discord or someplace off-site.
- When making your character, please keep the site timeline in mind. We only allow the characters, settings, and foes that appear from the course of the First Doctor to the Twelfth Doctor. We do not support the Thirteenth Doctor(Jodie Whitaker), or any of the affiliated characters, plotlines, episodes, or settings that come with it. This is because, in our timeline, the Twelfth Doctor is the last incarnation of the Doctor, having never regenerated after the The Doctor Falls, and has been travelling by himself after being revived by Bill's tears.
- While we support the spin-offs of The Sarah Jane Adventures and Torchwood, we consider F&C to purely be a Doctor Who site. While certain characters and organisations may be mentioned because of canonical affiliation and applied for and written to their absolute capacity, please keep in mind that we still strive to have Doctor Who at the heart of it. That is to say, we expect members to write spin-off characters in a likeness that will nor undergo or exceed the PG-13 universe of the site -- and, regardless of their shows intended audiences(as Torchwood is aimed at more mature audiences and SJA is aimed at much younger), we want everyone to try and meet in the middle where at all possible.
LITERACY AND WRAP UP,
- We label ourselves as a semi-literate roleplay. All in-character posts should be at least a paragraph(five sentences) in length. Quality over Quantity. Of course, more is always, always encouraged, but also remember to be attentive of your partner's length.
- All posts should incorporate your best spelling, grammar, and punctuation. We seek to have posts that are legible and easy to understand, but not overly simplistic or repetitive. Think 10th Grade reading/writing level or higher.
- All posts should be written in third person, and in either past or present tense.
- Being a roleplay based around time and space travel, we are liquid time. Just don't leave threads hanging and don't overwhelm yourself with the number of threads you join or create. If someone hasn't replied to a thread in close to two weeks, send them a gentle PM reminder about it, but please do not harass fellow members and remember that everyone has lives outside of the game.
- Anything that needs to be said out of character in an in-character post should have some type of indicator, as in putting your words in (parenthesis) or [brackets].
- Lastly, feel free to get creative with your posts. Decorate them if you want. Add icons. Colorize or bold the dialogue. Gangnam Style, Pixel Perfect, and Adoxography have a pretty good selection of templates, if you want to use those. Make sure we know your character is thinking by putting their thoughts in italics or 'like this'. Have fun with it. Just don't go crazy and make your posts blinding.
- That... seems to be the end. All of the rules. For now, at least. And, I certainly hope you've made up your mind about joining us! As always, if you need any help, you are welcome let us know in the shoutbox, or create a thread in the "Curly Cues and Statements" board. But most of us will probably be lingering and conjugating in the discord, so don't be afraid to drop by!